Sunday, September 30, 2012

Best.Weekend.Ever

For our 15th Anniversary we went to Hocking Hills and stayed at Ravenwood Castle. We actually stayed in the Candlemaker's cottage in their little Medieval village next to the castle. The cottage was cute and quaint and blue (my favorite color!). Even more important we LOVE the new owners. They are gamers! They had tons of board games and we even borrowed a game from them to play. It was a different map of Ticket to Ride and we loved it. They plan to have gaming conventions at Ravenwood in the future. I hope we can go - how awesome would that be???
Sarah's drawing of our family. Daddy, Mommy, Jenna, Sarah, and Sarah's doll. Who is missing?

Ravenwood Castle

The great hall
 On Friday we went hiking at Hocking Hills. Before we had kids, we would always follow the trail from Old Man's cave to Cedar Falls and back. This is 6 miles and so much fun!  There were very few people on the trails and on the way back we only saw two other people. Sometime I'd like to do this route twice but we would have to pack snacks to do a 12 mile route. We get a little peckish when hiking.

 The weather was unbelievable the entire weekend. The trees were changing colors, the sky was a brilliant blue, and the temperature was 70's and sunny. Wonderful!
A view from our hike

Erik hiding behind trees
 On Saturday we rode 36.3 miles on the Hocking Adena bikeway. While I enjoy the Olentangy Trail, this bikeway was much better. Most of the time we didn't see anyone else on the path (the Olentangy Trail is very crowded - you are riding on top of other people). Trees provided a beautiful canopy as we rode and the path was smooth and scenic. It was a fantastic ride! We both got to do things we really love. I love hiking and Erik loves biking. Win-win!
The Hocking Adena bikepath
Besides hiking and biking we also played Agricola twice (we both won) and Ticket To Ride that we borrowed from the Innkeeper at Ravenwood. I didn't realize there were so many maps for Ticket to Ride. He also had Pathfinder there which is an apparently more fun version of D&D. He had so many cool games!

 The food at Ravenwood was excellent too. They served breakfast every day and we also ate dinner there on Saturday night after our ride. I wore my blue dress that used to be tight. Now that I lost 4 lbs from the Advocare 24 day challenge I could fit into it! 4 lbs makes a big difference when you are 5'2" or 5'3" or 5'5" like me.
Me in my dress!
This was a fantastic Anniversary weekend! Thank you to my Mom and Dad for watching the kids so we could get away.

74 points on quiddler today and I got to make the word "amino"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a problem glad you had a good time.

DVK said...

Sounds like a good trip - glad you had fun!