Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ducks in the Renaissance

Our weekend was fantastic with gaming and the Renaissance Festival. On Friday night we had a board game night and got to play several new games along with some old favorites. I played a new game called Airlines Europe that I liked a lot. It is so similar to Union Pacific that I kept calling it Union Pacific.
Trina, Mark, Matt, and Me playing Airlines Europe

Jon, Michelle, Beth, and Erik playing Ticket to Ride
 Jon and Michelle and my sister and her fiance Dave stayed at our house for the night. It was so much fun to have everyone here! On Saturday we went to the Renaissance Festival. And we dressed up like the geeks we are. I made matching knight's tunics for Erik and Matthew. Notice the distance shot. If you get close up you notice the extremely poor sewing job I did.
Matthew and Erik in their matching tunics
There is no fear that I will actually become a seamstress since I used a sewing machine three times. Although I did buy my own sewing machine that is really awesome. It is a Brother CS6000i. I bought it because of all the great reviews on Amazon. Other than that I know nothing about sewing. I still need to finish Jenna's bonnet for Halloween. Crossing my fingers that it actually looks like a bonnet.

We all posed for a picture at the Renfest. You will notice that Erik and Matthew are dressed as knights, I am dressed as a renaissance lady, Jenna is dressed as a princess and Sarah is dressed as a duck. I'm sure they had ducks in the Renaissance. Sarah is 4, she is cute, she can wear a duck costume to the Ren fest if she wants to.
Ye olde Coopers
 Last year at the Ren fest Matthew grabbed little Vina's costume. This year we wanted to get them together to see what they would do. We sat them on a bench together and Vina tumbled off the back. This is the picture I snapped at the exact moment she fell with Matthew caring little what happened to poor Vina.
Tumble Vina

Michele, Vina, Matthew, and Me (yes it was windy)
We saw the Mudde show, full armored jousting, the girls rode a camel!, we ate lots of yummy food,  saw interesting little shops, and had a great time. We love to go every year even if it does make us geeks. Aaron and Michele, Jon and Michelle, Matt and Allison, and our family were all dressed up. I will post a picture later of our whole group when I get it.

We even played games with Tim and Jen after the Ren Fest. It really was a great weekend of gaming and renaissancing (is this a word?)

66 points on Quiddler today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Sarah likes the duck costume. She has got her money's worth. Nana