Friday, January 04, 2013

High Quality Stereo Equipment

In the past I have been a really bad wife and bought Erik buckets instead of exciting gifts. Well not this year! I am going to surprise Erik with a new receiver. I bought him a Denon AVR-1913 Receiver for his birthday. Hopefully this will undo any of my previous poor gift choices.  Anyone who has had Thanksgiving dinner with Erik knows that he likes high quality stereo equipment.

My cousin from Alabama stopped by with her 3 kids. It was fun to see them! We tried to get all the kids to pose for a picture but that's close to impossible.  Veronica, Harrison, and Violet are their 3 kids. Harrison is a month older than Jenna and Violet is 7 months older than Sarah.
Violet, Matthew, Jenna, Sarah, Harrison, Veronica
 My mom sent me a picture of me doing a backbend when I was little. People tell me that Jenna looks like me but from this picture - there is a huge resemblance. See if you can tell which picture is me and which is Jenna. Maybe Sarah would give it away :).

A backbend

Another backbend 
 We have had more snow this year so far than all last year. And it has been so much fun to play in! Of course Erik and I always have snowball fights. For some reason it is always Erik and the girls against me. At some point I want to get Matthew on my side. We also went sledding at the hill near our house. That was a blast!
Playing in the snow
School will start on Monday and it will be back to the routine. But for now - we will enjoy every last bit of our break!

92 points on Quiddler today and I made the word "flour". Baking ingredients are always exciting in Quiddler.

5 comments:

Joel said...

That picture definitely looks like Jenna. I thought it was Jenna at first. And I'm confused by one comment - "when I was little." So that picture could be from any time in your life, right?

Gina Cooper said...

Wrong! I am certainly taller than Jenna :). Sarah loved her card and gift by the way. Thank you! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house!!

DVK said...

I think you're right, Joel - that pic was from last Tuesday.

Also: sledding rocks. We went sledding at a good sized hill by our place during Isaac's school break.

Also, if you want to know how much your couch sucks buy a new one. We did that and now I can't stand a couch was the just fine and comfy 4 days ago...

DVK said...

oops, goofed a little on that last sentence...

Anonymous said...

Glad to see we made the blog! It was nice visiting--the brownies were delicious!