Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Gift Fail

So I'm officially the worst wife in the world.

I had planned on getting Erik the Google tablet for Christmas. However all of the reviews I read said that the cheaper ones (the ones I was considering) didn't work well. I thought I'd wait a few years to get him a good one.

Next I thought about getting Erik a nice sword. He likes swords, knives and other sharp implements. I found a replica of one of Drizzt's scimitars but it was a little expensive. I was looking for a replica of the sword of truth since we just read that book(or even a shardblade!) but couldn't find one reasonably priced.

So I bought him a bucket.

Booyah!

I found it on Amazon listed under "gifts men would like". After it came in the mail I realized that I bought him a bucket. Epic fail.

Today my present came in the mail. The box said "ibuypower". Yes. Erik bought me a new computer! It is a dual core 64bit Windows 7 awesome to the max computer.

And I bought him a bucket.

I'll trade my good wife card in now!

Edit:
Happy to oblige Jon!


4 comments:

Scionic said...

But, surely it's an awesome, very manly, and super useful bucket. Can we see a picture of the bucket?

Anonymous said...

Are you going to measure Matthew against the bucket? Nana

Scionic said...

Well, that certainly is a bucket. Did it come with ninja stars in it or something? Maybe bacon? Something awesome like that?

Anonymous said...

wow...a bucket...how awesome (read with no enthusiasm, or in a Ben Stein voice).

You bought Erik a bucket and you bought me Huey Lewis and the News greatest hits. I say I won on.

~Missy