Thursday, March 14, 2013

The blushing bride...or maybe it's spaghetti sauce

The bride
On Saturday, Jenna, Sarah and I went to Missy's bridal shower at Papa Bears Restaurant. The girls had a great time and were ripping into Missy's presents with enthusiasm.  Missy, Amanda, and I all got baked ziti with meatballs showing how alike we all are. We played only one silly game where we had to tally up the items in our purse in which each item was worth a certain number of points. Missy had 111 points of items in her purse and the person with the next highest score was 75. I think she has a little too much in there.  Overall the shower was a lot of fun.

Missy, Me, Amanda, and Megan - I couldn't take the glare out of this pic
As I've mentioned before, Erik and I are trying to make things on our own and reduce the number of chemicals we have. Erik made his own soap. We've also made our own dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent. Since dryer sheets are full of chemicals (which in turn is all over your clothes and sheets), we bought these natural dryer balls. They work well even though they are expensive. I've also bought some Norwex microfiber cloths for cleaning and bathing. Now I"m not using soap but just a microfiber cloth in the shower. We are just trying to reduce chemicals. So if I stink - that's why.

In the most important news, today is Pi day! I made pizza dough and we will be making our own pizza for dinner (pizza pi get it?). I also made a key lime pie for us too (Erik loves tart flavors). At some point I'll make a chocolate peanut butter pie for me.

88 points on Quiddler today. I made the word "cloister" too which is totally awesome.




No comments: