Tuesday, March 05, 2013

My indoor tri

I survived finals week and have now moved onto a new semester. This semester I am teaching an onsite class on Tuesday nights, giving a live lecture on Wednesday night for one online class, a live lecture on Thursday night for another online class, doing online tutoring for C# Sunday nights, and grading/discussion threads/preparing for lectures on the other nights. My nights are pretty much booked this semester. 

But I still need to get in shape for the triathlons I'll be doing this summer. I started on Sunday by doing an indoor triathlon. Erik doesn't think it is a "real" triathlon. Too bad for him. I had fun! 

Last year I did the indoor triathlon with Kate and Tricia and we did it again this year with another friend from church MaryClaire. MaryClaire competed in Masters swimming when she was 40 so she is in pretty amazing shape. She was in a different wave from Kate, Tricia, and I so we had to take a picture at church later.
Kate, Me, MaryClaire, Tricia


Kate, Tricia's friends, Tricia, and Me immediately following the triathlon

I did so much better this year! I swam 15 laps (last year 13 laps) in 10 minutes, biked 14.4 miles in 30 minutes and ran 2.11 miles (last year 2.03) in 20 minutes. I wasn't sure how I would do since I did not train. All I've been doing lately is videos but apparently that has been good enough. We shall see how I do when I enter a "real" triathlon.

I finished the Hero of Ages book (the last book in the Mistborn trilogy). We were not supposed to finish the book yet according to the book club but books always pick up velocity towards the end and I can't put them down (sorry...can't do it). 

71 points on Quiddler today


No comments: