Sunday, May 05, 2013

Geeking out

I spent this week at the Faculty Symposium in Atlanta and had a wonderful time. It's great to meet faculty from all over the country to share ideas and network. There is a push for all faculty to have PhD's so I was able to tell everyone about my program and experiences. Lots of people wanted to talk to me about it so I felt popular. Considering I was the girl in school with the glasses and braces reading sci-fi books, being popular is a little foreign to me.  I feel ya Amy Farrah Fowler!

Columbus faculty at the Symposium

Pam and Me - she is from Fremont, California and my good friend!


I got home Saturday morning at 1am and that evening Jenna had a girl scout sleepover at the zoo. She toured the zoo until 11pm at night and rose early to do another round of hiking at the zoo at 7am. She is exhausted now and had so much fun. I'm sure she will crash soon.
Jenna's brownie troop at the zoo
On Saturday I took the kids for some family fun. We went to the pink moon cupcake bakery and the park. I love the pink moon cupcakes. I am unable to duplicate their yumminess. Their cupcakes are so rich and delicious - I love the buckeye flavor (chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting)
Sarah at Pink Moon

Back in college Erik and I would buy a couple packs of magic cards, make decks and play with whatever we got. Last night we did just that! We bought some magic cards and although we haven't kept up with the new rules or expansions, we had a blast. He played a green and white deck and I played a red and black deck. My favorite color is blue since I really like the merfolk and tim cards but the new expansion didn't have much merfolk in it. And we watched a Chronicles of Riddick marathon. Basically we geeked out.

66 points on Quiddler today


1 comment:

DVK said...

I have to say I approve of both games and Riddick. welcome back!