Sunday, May 26, 2013

Marshmallow world

With the end of the school year comes ballet recitals. Both Jenna and Sarah are Marshmallow characters in their ballet recitals. Jenna is in the "big show" downtown at the Capital theater (3 hours long!!). Both girls are dancing to the same song "It's a marshmallow world in the winter." 

Jenna is doing ballet and Sarah is doing tap dance.  They are doing a great job in dance and they are adorable! Matthew also loves "baayet" and always wants to dance with his sisters.

Sarah had her last day of preschool on Wednesday. She had a graduation ceremony complete with diploma. Now she is officially a kindergartener. The mom next to me was in tears. Her youngest of 4 was going to kindergarten. Maybe I will be in tears when Matthew goes to Kindergarten. Probably not.
Sarah Graduating from Preschool

My little marshmallows

Sarah at Dress Rehearsal

Jenna all ready for her performance

Jenna is on the far right in the back
In other news:

  1. I have been hired as a subcontractor for a networking/barcoding company. They need some programming and SQL solutions and I'm so excited to do some work in industry. It will be only a few hours a week and is perfect for me!
  2. Our coo* book club is now reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. We've read the first 4 chapters and all I can say is "weird but interesting". I'm already into the book so we'll see what happens.
  3. I'm also reading the Unincorporated Man by Dani Kollin and Eytan Kollin. This book is fantastic! The best sci-fi book I've read in awhile.
  4. The third book I"m reading is Niven and Pournelle's The Gripping Hand. This is the sequel to the Mote in God's Eye. I really enjoyed that book and the sequel is good too.

No comments: