Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Walking and Donuts

Every year for Mothers day I spend time with each of the kids individually. Just as with last year, Jenna chose to go on a walk with me and Sarah chose to go to Tim Hortons and eat donuts. Matthew and I just played outside.

It's nice since they know they have my undivided attention and we can spend some quality time together. When I took Sarah to Tim Hortons I was expecting she might eat half of a donut. Wrong. Little Sarah ate an entire cream filled donut then promptly looked at me and said "Mommy I'm hungry." She has a special stomach for sweets. She wanted another donut! Um...no.  I have no idea where she got this crazy love of sweets. Must be a recessive gene.

Then I took Jenna to the Olentangy trail where we had a nice walk and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. And worked off the donut calories
Sarah and me at her Mother's day tea
Matthew has improving with his vocabulary so much he hardly seems like the same kid. He has a sense of humor and has realized he loves the word "no". All we hear is "no, no, no..." especially when driving home. He never wants to stop driving and he has great spatial memory. If we take a new way home, he remembers it and wants to go that way again. I told Erik he could be a taxi driver but Erik said we should have higher aspirations than that for him.

In other news:

  1. I just finished "Let Them Eat Cake" by Sandra Byrd. This was a fun little book about a woman who works in a French bakery. I gave it to Jenna to read next.
  2. Our coo* book club has finished Joel's book. This book was well-written and fun to read together. Next we read American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It's been on my list for a long time so I'm excited to read it.  
  3. Erik has cut his calories really low so he can be awesome and fit for the triathlon and future tough mudders.
  4. My goal is to do the monkey bars in the tough mudder - this shouldn't be a problem since I have huge guns. 
  5. This weekend we are doing the Race for the Cure for my friend Lynn. Here is our page if you want to donate or walk with us. We are doing the 1 mile family walk and Amanda is joining us!
  6. 99 points in Quiddler today

No comments: