Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pretty magical creatures

It's been awhile since I posted a top ten list and I know you have been secretly wishing I would post one. Well guess what!?! Today I've compiled a list of my top 10 favorite animals and my 15 favorite mythical creatures (don't want to leave them out)

Favorite Animals
tree frog

  1. Stingray - (not the car) they are beautiful and powerful and look like they are dancing in the water
  2. Butterfly - So colorful. Beauty through adversity.
  3. Eagle - Majestic and powerful. 
  4. Seashells (scallops, conchs, whelks, sand dollars, etc) - Such amazing variety. I have a seashell collection and have had it since I was little
  5. Panther - sleek and fast and black. Like a ninja! Big cats are pretty cool animals. They are strong yet playful
  6. Bluejay - I love their striking blue color
  7. Elephant - Elephants are just fun. And they love peanuts like me.  I think I could be friends with an elephant.
  8. Coral - Corals are so beautiful with their wide variety of shapes and colors. The zoo has an aquarium with coral that I love to watch. I wish I could have my own aquarium with coral at home.
  9. Treefrog- I've never seen one (I've never seen a panther either), but I love their beady red eyes and green skin.
  10. Turtle - Turtles have existed from about the time of the dinosaurs. They even have their own shields!
Favorite mythical creatures
Nightmare


  1. Unicorn - Who doesn't want unicorn powers? Unicorns are always good creatures who can heal people with magic
  2. Phoenix - Rising from death to be even stronger than before, the Phoenix was a symbol in early Christianity
  3. Elves - (not Santa elves) These are long lived, graceful and beautiful creatures. They love nature and are pretty good with archery like me.
  4. Dragon - This would be Erik's number 1. Dragons embody all that is fantastic, majestic, and powerful in mythical creatures
  5. Nightmare - The nightmare is the opposite of the unicorn, although it is not necessarily an evil creature. Its hooves and mane are on fire so you need to be careful when you ride it or you'll get saddle burn. 
  6. Beholder - These were my favorite creatures in Everquest 2. They are giant eyes. You can't be in their blindspots.
  7. Fairies - Fairies can be mischievous, yet helpful, tiny and airborne.  What's not to like?
  8. Mermaids - Since watching Splash as a little girl, I've always thought it would be fun to be a mermaid. Think of how much faster I could be swimming in the triathlon if my legs could turn into a fish tail!
  9. Centaur - this is not Mr. Tumns, he is a satyr. A centaur is half man/ half horse. Like a mermaid, if I was a centaur I could run really fast and beat everyone.
  10. Gelatinous cube - When I first flipped through the D&D manual I found this creature. I find it amusing and disturbing at the same time. So of course it made my list.
  11. Elementals - These are creatures made entirely of their element. I think air elementals are the coolest
  12. Pegasus - A flying horse? Could anything be better? Yes. Me riding the flying horse!
  13. Basilisk - This lizard has many interesting magical properties. Just don't touch it!
  14. Golem - not gollum. These creatures are made of inanimate objects like stone, clay, brass, moss, beer cans, or the one ring and somehow they are alive.
  15. Beholder
  16. Griffin - This is a combination of a lion and an eagle. The king of beasts and the king of birds.

You will notice the lack of undead creatures on my mythical creature list. I don't understand the current popularity of zombies, vampires, skeletons, and other undead creatures. I just don't get it.

Also missing are goblins, orcs, and minotaurs. They are ugly. You may notice that many of my favorite creatures and animals are pretty (or at least not ugly).

95 points on Quiddler today



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a Perry Panther. Nana

Gina Cooper said...

Yes and I've always loved panthers!