Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Erik's feats of strength

My session off has been spectacular thus far. Every time I have a session off I wonder how I do everything and work too. I've been able to catch up on lots of projects that I've put off (ie cleaning).

We went to the Renaissance Festival on Labor Day and it was a perfect day to go. The weather was nice (a little warm) and it was kids get in free weekend. The rides at the Ren Fest are all human powered. The kids love them! We bought tons of bottled water, cherry and lemon ice, and other drinks to cool us down. Erik participated in feats of strength to see how strong he is. He almost made it to the top! I did not participate - I didn't want to show everyone up.
Ride at the Ren fest

Erik = manly
 We moved Matthew back into the crib. I didn't really want to do this. I am very much in denial about his delays and diagnosis. This is very hard for me. I also blame myself since the cord was wrapped around his neck. Not something I could have done or changed but somehow it seems my fault. Lots of tears shed about this.

Matthew was not sleeping in the big boy bed. Since he could get out and turn on the lights, he was not sleeping - even until 11:30 or midnight! He really loves lights. Since he was not sleeping well, he also stopped eating. That's not good so we had to put him back in the crib.

Books I'm reading:

  1. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. This is a King Arthur story and I'm enjoying it. However it is very pro-Druid and anti-Christian. 
  2. The Crystal Shard by R.A. Salvatore. We are reading this for our book club. I read it a long time ago. It's a fun read.
  3. The Gripping Hand by Niven and Pournelle. This is a good book - just not as good as the first one.
  4. Basic French - I need to learn some French before we go!

No comments: