Monday, September 02, 2013

The book is always better than the movie

I'm free! I just turned in my grades and am all done teaching for 8 weeks! This 8 weeks is going to fly by but I'm going to make the most of it by packing in tons of fun. 

We've had a rough start to the school year but I'm sure it will get better. Getting back into the groove of school after the relaxing summer can be difficult. Sarah is not a fan of lunch and recess at kindergarten. There are many people there and it is overwhelming. Really, she can read and do math better than some adults. What else is there to learn in kindergarten? 

Jenna just read the Secret Garden and loved it. Then she watched the movie with Grandma. After watching the movie, she said, "Mommy, I liked the movie but the book had so much more in it. I liked the book better." Jenna has discovered an important universal truth. Books are always better. 

Grace, Jenna, and Abigail on a ride at the St. Joan of Arc festival
 On Saturday we went to the OSU-Buffalo game. Seeing the script Ohio, walking through campus and eating Tommy's subs always bring back memories. I loved playing euchre all night long and eating pizza in the middle of the night and going to the games.
Go Bucks!
 Erik finished my new standing desk. He bought some maple plywood and cut and stained it for my desk. Then he wanted to build a platform to raise it above my regular desk but we just stacked books on top (very high tech). So my standing desk top is teetering on some books. I think it works though.

I've also been jealous of his dual monitors so he bought me a new monitor and now I have two dual monitors. Yipee!! I love it already.
My new desk
 On Thursday we moved Matthew to a big boy bed. He has Thomas the train sheets and a Thomas comforter. I'm not sure he really likes it but I'm hoping he will get used to it. He has stayed up late playing at night not sleeping. The next step is potty training!

68 points on Quiddler today.

2 comments:

DVK said...

I love dual monitors!

Also, and be honest, can Eric sit at your standing desk. I'm betting he can. Might even have to kneel...

:-P

Gina Cooper said...

First off, I am not short Dan. Secondly you are a geek. It takes a double E to spell geek and you definitely qualify. I however am very cool! With my awesome dual monitors!!