Friday, May 02, 2014

Summer Bucket List 2014

We have about 3 weeks left of school. The kids are crazy with anticipation for the end of the year. I am too.



On our family summer bucket list is the following:

  1. Horseback riding
  2. Roscoe Village
  3. Going to the pool 
  4. Going to the zoo
  5. Camping
  6. Renfest
  7. Westerville Bike trail family ride
  8. Anthony Thomas Candy tour
  9. Swimming lessons
  10. Watching Disney movies
  11. Letterbox hunt at the library
  12. Summer reading program
  13. Go to the Worthington farmers market
  14. Canning veggies and jam
  15. Lots of scavenger hunts
  16. Learn Geocaching (this is something I've always wanted to try)

In other news:
  • My next session starts on Sunday. The easy session was wonderful while it lasted - back to the real world with difficult classes.
  • This year in our garden we are going to try and plant peanuts. I've heard they are difficult to grow but I think it will be fun!
  • I went from disliking Girl Scouts to now being the troop leader for both girls. AAAH! I am not sure how I have been roped into this. The leaders for Jenna's troop are quitting an no one else wants to step up. Since I'm already doing Sarah's I might as well do the other one. I've had all the leader training. Jenna is excited! At some point it will no longer be cool to have her mom be the troop leader.
  • We are going camping in a week. It's our first camping trip of the year. We love to camp over Mothers Day since campgrounds usually have crafts and free breakfast for Mom (hey, that's me!)
  • Erik has lost 15lbs using his bulletproof coffee recipe for breakfast (he doesn't eat anything - just drinks coffee). He is looking svelte! I have lost 1 lb. I'm losing this race.
  • I ran 6 miles once. Just once. After that I had to ice my knee for 2 days since it hurt so bad. From my research I determined that I have runner's knee. This happens often in "mature females." What do they mean "mature"?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Matthew's birthday as an event-Nana