Saturday, April 08, 2006

Easter Egg Hunt


Jenna braved the frigid weather today for her first Easter Egg hunt. Eggs were "hidden" all along the ground for the "under 2 year olds". The 3-5 and 5-8 year olds had eggs that were concealed a ltitle better.

Mom told me that Jenna would be scared of the Easter bunny but the opposite happened. She was so excited when she saw him and kept pointing at him. He gave her a little container of bubbles which is wonderful since blowing bubbles is one of her favorite pastimes.

In other news, I had the worst night of teaching that I've had in 8 years on Thursday night. My students were rude and insulted me the entire night. I went in the bathroom and cried during break. During my tearful interlude, I was reminded of God's peace and started humming praise choruses. This verse fills me now:
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:7. Praise God - the giver of peace!
In the midst of my sorrow, I just wanted to turn to chocolate. This also made me realize that chocolate should not be my source of comfort - rather it should be God. So thank you Lord for giving me peace and making me realize that I should turn to you instead of food. Will that help me get these last 10 pounds off???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your lil'un enjoyed the Easter bunny, and sorry to hear your class didn't go well.

Don't have much to offer by way of advice, but hang in there. You're a fine teacher, even if they don't appreciate it!

-MS

http:\\nullmuse.journalspace.com

Anonymous said...

Somedays, even your whack whacks (// or \\) don't go the right way!