Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stardust

I went to the IEEE spring banquet today and had the privilege of seeing Tom Burns from the Perkins Observatory. He was an excellent speaker and got me excited about astronomy! I can't wait to take Jenna to the observatory sometime. He told us that stars are formed from other stars so we were probably made from stardust. How cool is that?

In other news:
1. I got gas for $2.75 at Kroger because of my Kroger Plus card (regularly $2.95).
2. I love watermelon - I bought some for Jenna and I almost ate all of it. I haven't eaten it in awhile.
3. Rhubarb pie is not that good. It was the dessert at the banquet. Apple pie is better.
4. A polar bear and grizzly bear mated and their offspring is fertile. Isn't that neat?
5. My pampered chef order came in today - Yea! Now I have lots of fun kitchen gadgets :).
6. I got 98 on Quiddler today and the total was 81. I got words like hurts, cuisine, and quartz - all good words!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! The wife and I met Tom Burns and visited Perkins awhile back when Mars was it's closest to Earth. He teaches at some local college; I imagine he'd be wonderful to have as a Professor! he was great fun to visit with!
-MS