Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rejection :(

I submitted a paper to IEEE Transactions on Education and was rejected. I suppose that is not surprising since getting into a journal of that prestige is so difficult (1 in 1000), but I was hoping nonetheless. I'm hoping it will be a conference worthy publication. We will have to see.

I created a myspace page. It seems fitting that I attempt to become cool with a myspace page. Here is my address: http://www.myspace.com/trillianstales
I used the same name just to be extra cool.

This morning was a whirlwind. The terror plot that was uncovered in Britain was scary. It amazes me that such crazies live to kill innocent people. In fact that is their goal. Why would anyone have such a goal? I would die for my faith but as a suicide bomber? That is crazy.

On a happier note, last week we discussed our life purposes in Bible study. From prayer and contemplation, I came up with 4 adjectives that describe the person I want to become and put them to my name:
Godcentered
Innocent
Nice
Appreciative

I want to be a thankful, godly, pure, blameless, and kind woman so I made this little acrostic to help me remember.

Today I got 97 on Quiddler with a max of 77. I made the word cornered which is a 20 point bonus for 8 letter word. Rock on!!

No comments: