Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bye Rocky!


My parents had to put Rocky to sleep. He was a beautiful maine coon cat and was as goofy as Scruffles. Unfortunately he had a tumor and was not able to eat. I've known Rocky since high school so obviously he was old for a cat. I'll miss Rocky - Jenna will too.

My illustrious garden has been eaten by an animal. As you can see from the picture, there are little holes in my garden. While at first glance it may seem an animal has taken up residence in my garden, on closer inspection these are actually deer tracks. So my garden is being eaten by bambi. At least someone is getting something out of it.

Sarah is really trying to crawl. Yesterday marked her 6 month birthday and she is performing some yoga moves. I believe this one is downward dog :). She might be my athlete as Jenna might be the academic of the family. Or it might be too early to tell :). She gets so excited as can be seen here. Of course Jenna is way too cute in this video of her at ballet.

In other news:
  1. I finished Angels and Demons. It got better - not great.
  2. I got 83 on Quiddler today and got to make leery and early. Lots of vowels today.
  3. My last batch of milk was sent to Africa (see box with cooler). Apparently, a shipment of 10,000 ounces of breast milk was sent to Africa. I'm so glad I got to be a part of that! Now I can barely make enough for Sarah.
  4. Now I'm on my 2 week break from Devry. While all I want to do is read, I have to prep 2 new courses and finish revisions on my dissertation. How will I ever accomplish the 10 books I need to for the library reading program!?!
  5. Erik is in Chicago now giving a training class. He left very early Monday morning after we were out until 2am at a Tom Petty Concert. In the 5th row back!! We could see him smiling at us!
  6. My girlfriends and I are starting a new Bible study on Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I'm so excited about it. I'd like for my thoughts to be godly, but I need a lot of work! Hopefully after this Bible study I'll be Practicing the Presence of God like Brother Lawrence!


No comments: