Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Decluttering






Just looking around my house (and at my life) I've noticed there is a lot of clutter. Here are the areas I'd like to declutter in my life:




  1. Closet - do I really need the jeans I wore before I had Jenna that I haven't worn in 4 years? What about those awesome business suits from college. Not to mention the t-shirts from High School!


  2. Basement - I have lots of old magazines here, toys, miscellaneous junk that I don't need down there


  3. Computer Hard Drives - I have three computers (yes, three!). My dell, HP, and my work laptop. While all three are backed up, files are scattered among the three with no version control and organization. I need to clean my hard drives up! Putting all images on our NAS (love it!!) has helped but I still have way too much scattered everywhere.


  4. Pantry - Why do I have 3 cans of black beans and hamburger helper from 2001??


  5. Body - When I told Erik I wanted to declutter my body, he asked if that involved decapitation. NO! It means excess body weight :). Silly hubby.


Now I must decide if there are other areas of clutter I need to work on. I'm sure there are. One step at a time...



In an attempt to eat healthier, we (Erik) have been trying new vegetables. We tried baked asparagus topped with shaved parmesan cheese. I loved it! Erik, not so much. Then we tried leeks. YUM! I baked leeks and made leek soup packed with yummy veggies. While Erik liked the taste of leeks, he said they were too stringy. I'm looking for more ideas. I stumbled across this Vegetable cookbook (see pic) and thought it sounded yummy. Now to get Erik to eat Veggies...


Besides eating veggies, I've also decided to try and like wine. I've never liked any alcohol (no moral objection - it's just yucky). However from reading about food and watching the food network so much (I'm addicted!) I know that wine can pair with foods well. It does!! I couldn't believe it! The past couple of nights, Erik and I have had wine, cheese, and dark chocolate with dinner. I'm in heaven! They do pair so nicely - it's hard to describe. Erik loves it because he just loves all alcohol! Here is our dinner: wheat rolls (homemade -very yummy), salad, burger, cheese, wine, and homemade pudding (cooling in the fridge). It was great!

When we were in Ironton, Erik, Jon, and David (not in the pic) played a rock band game on the PS3. They were having a great time - Erik singing, Jon playing guitar, and David on the drums. Sarah is also looking on. Maybe as a groupie??

Currently Jenna is in Florida. It has been hard having her gone but she is having a fantastic time. I can't wait to post pictures when I have them. She just went to Disneyworld today and got to meet Cinderella. She was in heaven. I'm sad I missed her face light up when seeing Cinderella, and I know she's having a great time!

I tried to play quiddler today but the starting letters were: S, T, S, R, H, F, V, L

How can I make a word out of that??

4 comments:

Joel said...

You have a couple children sitting around that cost a lot and don't really help out too much. Those should probably go too.

Anonymous said...

You only have a SAN, when you could have purchased one of the big guns, like your own Plasmon device? Lame! You are at least mirroring, right?

~Miss

Cheryl said...

Have you actually started decluttering yet? We all have things like that which could be simplified.
I love the sound of your vegetables and cookbook. I hope you can get Erik to eat more. :) If you do, it will help Jenna model you too.
Mom

Cheryl said...

One more thing, I can't wait to see the pictures of Jenna at Disneyworld. She must have been on cloud nine, flying high. I would have loved to see her face when she met Cinderella and saw her wonderful castle.