Friday, June 27, 2008

My Battlefield

Reading Battlefield of the Mind has made me realize that my thoughts are often negative "why does this always happen to me?", "it figures, this would happen today", etc. So I decided that I was going to be positive regardless of the circumstances. So let's look at my day and how I so beautifully handled being positive:

Circumstance My Positive Thoughts
Jenna woke up an hour early I can get started early with my day!

Jenna pees on the floor She hasn't had an accident in a month so that isn't too bad

I drive past my exit on 270 It's okay to be late to ballet, I may miss an accident or something

Jenna throws a fit when I tell her to say thank you AAAH! I mean...she is only 3, she will learn manners

Jenna kicks me when she's getting in the car Stop being a brat!! I mean...she is tired, naptime is soon

Jenna pees on the floor a second time today Stupid positive thinking!!!!

Well... maybe I need to work on this more.

3 comments:

Yarnin_Mama said...

I guess thinking positively doesn't really change your circumstances, just how you're feeling. Aren't toddlers great??!!

Anonymous said...

Hahah! Well, you're trying! -Nullmuse

Cheryl said...

Good thinking, Gina. It will get better as you practice. Jenna won't always behave positively, but you will do better with positive thinking. Our thinking really does have an effect on what we do and how we feel about life.

The movies and pictures on the last couple blogs are great!!!
love, Mom