Friday, August 29, 2008

I love Sarahs!


This picture of bread is called Mexican bread. It is a standard egg yeast bread but with the addition of orange jucie, coffee, chocolate and cinnamon. I thought with too many flavors it would be overwhelming. The interesting thing about this bread was that they blended together so that you couldn't really pick them all out. I'm going to tweak it and see what I come up with.


Sarah is the smiliest baby I've ever seen. Here she is on her swing (the one in the pink). I've also included a picture of Jenna on the same swing 3 years ago (actually Jenna was 2months older in the shot). They both love swinging! And Sarah loves Scruff. Check out this youtube video.
I try to stay away from politics on this blog, but I'm very excited about Sarah Palin. Erik and I had been discussing possible choices and she is a brilliant choice (not one we were guessing)! A cool link.
Jenna is enjoying school but wishes there were more girls (only one other girl in class). I hope she likes it more.
In a cooking disaster, I made meringue cookies with espresso in them. They were totally flat and did not puff like normal meringue cookies do. I'll have to investigate and see why they did this. My normal experience with meringues is that they are easy and yummy.
No quiddler score today - apparently the site isn't working!!


1 comment:

Scionic said...

*points to bread*

I can has a mexi-bred?

Sounds like a good one to me. I'd like to try it!!