Thursday, August 07, 2008

Mighty to Save

I listen to two stations on the radio most of the time - the River (contemporary Christian) and talk radio. A new song on the River is "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong. Recently I realized it is from a passage in the Bible: "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing". Zephaniah 3:17.
What a wonderful verse! Our family has been memorizing verses and I think I'll add this one.

Today I picked up a steno pad from Devry. I did not realize they had steno pads in the supply closet.
I love steno pads. They are small, easy to flip through, and excellent for jotting down notes. I love them almost as much as I love mechanical pencils.

Erik bought a propane kitchen torch. I'm excited to make creme brulee with it. I made creme brulee on Tuesday but used the broiler in my oven to carmelize the sugar on top. So much cooler with a torch.

Some videos of Sarah. In her jumperoo, crawling, and talking.
I love youtube!

84 on Quiddler today - and I made the word Gox!

3 comments:

Yarnin_Mama said...

Thanks for the verse. I really needed to hear that.

K

Anonymous said...

How did you get her to crawl when you were taking pictures? Nana

Scionic said...

I know of the verse, a good one, but I don't think I've heard the song.

And you have to let me play with your torch next time we're up there! Michelle and I readily volunteer our rather learned Creme Brulee palates in the event that you might need someone to decide which brulee recipe is best out of oh, say, three or four dozen different ones. The best I have ever had was from The Chocolate Swan in Vegas. It was huge, and covered with fresh fruit. I think you can top it!!

-Jon