Monday, August 25, 2008

School

I love school. Who doesn't? I've chosen a career in academia because I love school (and learning!) so much. Even so, I often dream back to the days as a glass design engineer and wish I could go back. But I digress... Jenna started preschool today. I hope she loves learning as much as I do. I've included a picture of her with her backpack on her first day at Newstart Early Learning Center Preschool. Such a big girl! This morning we all prayed about her first day at school and prayed she would make friends. Well, after school she told us that she only wanted Sarah as a friend and no other friends. Apparently she didn't want to make friends with the kids at school. I'm hoping she breaks out of her shell. She is shy and I have NO idea where that came from :) :).

Sarah turned 8 months on Saturday - the day of Susan's wedding. Here is a family picture at the wedding. We all had an excellent time, especially Jenna who discovered Shirley Temples (a drink made with sprite and grenadine topped with a maraschino cherry). Here's a picture of Sarah with the lamb. She was STANDING UP on Sunday. This girl is everywhere :).

In other news:
  1. It is finals week for me and I have a stack of grading as thick as this new book Erik is reading.
  2. I've finished the Traveler by John Twelve Hawks and loved it. It is a trilogy so I want to read the next part. Very good and thought provoking!
  3. I used to think Mayonnaise was better than Miracle Whip but a friend said he liked Miracle Whip better. So I tried it again and was surprised at how awesome Miracle Whip is.
  4. I got 73 points today on Quiddler with a max of 71 so only one 5 letter word - a very poor showing.

No comments: