Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Amish Country

We went camping last weekend to Amish country and had an excellent time! I knew the weekend would be good when I walked down the steps to see Sarah playing in the dirt of our plant. Just look at the mischevious grin on her face!

Our drive to Amish Country Campsites was memorable. I've included a picture of some of the hills (really, it just looks like a roller coaster - that's about how steep the hills were). Of course, Erik handled the drive with the camper beautifully!
On Friday we went to Heini's Cheese Chalet and spent $40 on cheese and other yummy treats. Now all the cheese is in the freezer along with everything else we buy (someday we'll eat this stuff, really). After that we went to Rolling Ridge Ranch. This was incredible! We were on a wagon while animals came right up to us and snacked on food we held out to them in flimsy plastic buckets. I say flimsy because these animals were BIG! Watch Erik trying to feed some elk! It's a short video but I promise they were crazy :). I snapped some pictures of the elk, the Masts (no they were not part of the animals we were feeding), and some big horned thing that I can't remember what it is - it's big though.
The rest of the camping trip was lots of fun too! I had my obligatory 2 smores a night and the girls spent one night at my parents house. I felt very rested after this trip. Such a fun time! I'm sad camping season will be coming to and end for us. We are taking the camper back in a week. Bummer!

Sarah is now 9 months old. How time flies! She is also 10% in weight at a whopping 17lbs. She's a tiny thing but that doesn't stop her from getting around. Here is a picture of her with the white lamb. She is getting so big!
Jenna has decided that she likes to perform (who switched this child at birth???). Here is Jenna's rendition of "Strong Tower" by Kutless. This is the actual song. I can't tell the difference can you?
Today was an awesome Quiddler day for me. I got 88 points and made the word "lazing".

No comments: