Sunday, March 01, 2009

Enough Parties already!

Erik turned 34 on Sunday and we had two parties with two cakes. One was the caramel cake I mentioned previously (why is it spelled "caramel" when so many people say "carmel"?), and the other was a chocolate truffle torte. The chocolate truffle torte has 3 ingredients - bittersweet chocolate, eggs, and butter. It is loaded with fat and goodness but is doable for a diabetic or someone on the atkins diet. Not that I'm going on the atkins diet or diabetic *fingers crossed*.

Erik got several movies for his birthday. They were mostly old Arnold S. movies since he seems to like them. Hopefully I won't have to watch them.

My new semester starts this week. It is the first semester that I'll be teaching during the day since having the girls. I got a babysitter and am hoping this will work out well. It will be nice to have more nights free. With those free nights Erik and I plan on playing squash!!! Last night I scored 7 points against Erik in two games. As the games go to 9 points, that was pretty good. However, I feel like John Cooper in that I can't quite pull it out at the end. I can never beat Michigan (or Erik for that matter).

Lent started on Wednesday and I've decided to give up coffee and read through the gospels. Erik has decided to read through the gospels with me and it has been going well. We are reading the CEV version which should actually be titled "the 8th grade version" as the wording is very simplistic.

91 points on quiddler today and I was able to make the word "purl". I didn't know that was a word - not that I'm going to look up what it means :)






No comments: