Friday, May 22, 2009

Check ? Light

Look at this drawing I've uploaded. This is the symbol that was lit up on my dashboard today. Huh? Now I understand that some people can't read and thus using pictures can help the illiterate folk among us. However, when the picture is so obscure that you have no clue what this warning light could possibly be telling you, doesn't it defeat the purpose? What is this? What does my faithful readership think? When this lit up on my dashboard I assumed that the lego section of my car was not working. Now if my car was actually built out of legos then we'd have a problem. As it is, I had no idea what this symbol meant until I looked it up. Driving home from Dayton, I wasn't sure if it was something that required immediate attention or just some thing small. I'll let you ponder it.


For our Bible studies this week, I was feeling particularly challenged. I made a chocolate brandy cake for the Monday Bible study and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for the Tuesday Bible study. The chocolate brandy cake had 1 cup of brandy in the cake and 1/3 cup of brandy in the frosting. Usually I like to lick the bowl when I bake but I couldn't do it for this batter. It reeked of alcohol. The cake and frosting were overpowering. I just could not eat this cake! The first time this has ever happened I think :). The cheesecake was a different story. Yum.

Jenna also decided to play restaurant too. We created a menu that Daddy was able to order from and Jenna made a mint cake for dessert. I measured out the ingredients and she poured them in the bowl and mixed it together with help from Mommy. It turned out great.

71 points today on Quiddler and I made the word "gaming"!




1 comment:

Dave said...

That's a pretty good drawing :).

It's a check engine light. You probably should take it in and have the car checked. The mechanics hook something up to the computer and it tells them whats wrong. It could be anything, from a small sensor to a major problem. Probably something small, but it's hard to tell.

I guess it would be better if it actually told you what was wrong, but then why would you have to pay the mechanic to check out your car? :)