Friday, May 08, 2009

Cheesecake Factory Here I come!!







The day has finally come. The earth has stood still. Various parts of the underworld have frozen over. All because I BEAT ERIK AT RAILROAD TYCOON. Yes! Yes! While it seems impossible and the odds were stacked against me, I beat Erik 73 to 65. Even though we are still at Buckeye Lake camping, I had to pull out the laptop and the free wi-fi (since no camping trip is complete without wi-fi) to inform the world (or at least the few people who read my blog) that I actually won!



While I'm at the computer though, I might as well post some pictures of our trip so far. We've had a wonderful time and it only rained for about half an hour tonight (Friday night). We arrived on Thursday and when putting the girls to bed, we decided to put them in the same bed (bottom bunk) of our camper. This did not work so well as the girls could see out the window and were looking at us sitting by the fire. So (you will notice the picture above) we had to devise a way to cover the window. This is engineering at its finest. We took a trash bag and some string and tied it to the ends of the camper. No we did not have duct tape. It worked though. The girls couldn't see us and did end up sleeping in the same bed.


Friday (today) we had a jam packed day of fun! Erik took Jenna on a pedal powered go-cart all around the campground. He actually got a pretty good workout from it. Then the girls (and Erik) jumped on the jumping pillow. Here's a video of Jenna jumping. They also had old-time playground equipment that I love! Erik was surprised that I actually liked the equipment in this video as he says it makes him sick.
Well back to stuffing my face with smores. We may be the only campers who eat smores with pricey Sharffenberger dark chocolate but yum yum!
73 pts on quiddler today!

3 comments:

Joel said...

Booyah! Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Gina!!!
I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!
love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great videos!!! That would make me very dizzy too. Great pictures of your camping - you do have to be creative to get kids to sleep while camping. Good job!!!
love, Mom