Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fashion Show

Jenna had her last day of preschool yesterday. This brings me to reminisce about the last day of school for me when I was in elementary school. The summer held so much promise - there was so much to look forward to. For Jenna, she's just going with the flow. Okay, no school. That's fine. What are we going to do today? She has been doing well riding the bike and I've included a picture - go Jenna! Ride .5 mph and wear that helmet!


Not to get too Stephen Covey on you, but I think I've been more of a manager of my children and life rather than a leader. My view is discipline, rules, efficiency in the moment, etc rather than focusing on fostering long term relationships with the girls in a loving environment. In my life too I'm just moving one day at a time without looking at the big picture. Erik and I have been praying lately about our finances. We are taking actions that are counter cultural. Right now, we've cut out our 401Ks and all our savings and are dumping our money to pay off our house in 3 years. Erik just took the Crown Financial Bible study course and decided that he wanted us to be out of debt. So we are moving our lives in this direction. We'll be living miserly for the next few years but it will pay off. This will also give us the ability to put Jenna in Christian school if we feel she needs more individual attention.

On an absolutely different note, I've included Trillian's new fashions (my Everquest character). The white armor I have is my tier 1 armor and looks totally awesome (since she is a paladin). David created some dresses for Jenna's character "Siddra" (she is a fairy) and Trillian is modeling one of those dresses. Also, another guild member Michele, created this rather skin-baring dress for Trillian. I just thought I'd share all of these as her new fashions.

71 points today in Quiddler!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this new "financial endeavor" (or perhaps you prefer the term "financial quest"), will this mean the Monter aunts will have to buy the girls' even more of their new clothes/shoes/accessories? Please, please, please?!?! ;-)

Prepare for Aunt Missy to invest in massive amounts of pink, sparkly, glittery, Princess items; I will try to remember to buy a few pieces for the girls' too.

Love you all! Please tell Jenna and Sarah that Aunt Missy says hi and loves both of them "this" much (please stretch out Erik's arms as far as possible to indicate how big my love for them is, sorry G, your arms are too short)

~ Miss (aka Jenna's daughter as of Memorial Day)