Saturday, May 02, 2009

Kids Aplenty, Kids Galore

This weekend Jenna and Sarah had their first slumber party with Nicholas and Emmerich. Nicholas and Emmerich stayed the night and we had a great time planting the garden, digging in dirt, eating enormous amounts of pancakes and playing in the sandbox. Jenna and Nicholas played the entire time together and amazed me with the imaginative play they made up. They didn't even want to watch TV - they were having so much fun together. Sarah and Emmerich on the other hand didn't pay too much attention to each other. While we were playing outside, Emmerich sneaked back in the house and tracked mud all over the place. Later tonight Sarah learned that trick from Emmerich. Erik turned his back and Sarah had opened the screen door and was outside playing even though we were all inside. After I changed her into her nightgown for bed, I caught her trying to escape again!

Having 4 kids in the house was fun and filled with energy. Erik may have a different view though :).

Math went well for me on Wednesday. Since I hadn't taught math in 5 years I was a little nervous, however the class went well and I enjoyed it! The only issue I had was explaining to a student how to factor. I look at 3x^4 - 9x^2 and know how to factor it to 3x^2(x^2-3) but had difficulty explaining how to do it. For some things it's hard to have a good way to explain the material especially when the math is somewhat like art.

76 points on Quiddler today and I made the word "loser".




No comments: