Wednesday, September 09, 2009

09-09-09

Today is 09-09-09 and I feel to the nines today. Today was Jenna's first day of her pre-ballet/tap class. She has never done tap dancing before so I wasn't sure if she'd like it. She loved tap dancing! The shoes make noise - what's not to love? It was also her first day of preschool. Today we moved Jenna to a pre-k class. This class meets 4 times a week M-R in the afternoons. Apparently the class has more academic rigor (as much as preschool can have).

On Saturday, the girls and I drove up to Canton for Amanda's surprise graduation party. She got her Bachelor's degree from Walsh University - Yea! I snapped a picture as she walked in - she was SO surprised! The party was awesome too with chicken parmesan and lasagna - yum. Megan made a delicious cake and we got to see the Canton Vineyard up close.

On Monday a salesman came to our door to sell us Clean and Simple cleaner. Now this salesman was a high pressure salesman and I have trouble saying no to people even when they are very pushy. Not sure what my problem is. Anyway he tried to sell me this product for $224. Umm...no. The product did seem to clean everything well. Finally I gave in and bought one gallon for $75 (the guy would NOT leave!). After he left I told Erik that apparently this stuff is supposed to save us money, at which point Erik told me we usually buy a gallon of 409 at Sams for $10. So I decided to test Clean and Simple on my horrible carpet. As you can see, it did clean the carpet - but $75 worth?? I'm not so sure.


Right now, I'm coordinating the seating for the Pregnancy Decision Health Center banquet in October. It's been quite a task as they are expecting around 800 people. Alan Keyes is the keynote speaker so it should be an interesting event. What I've noticed as I've been registering people for the event is that of all the cities around Columbus, Powell is the most represented (not even counting me since I have to teach that night!). I find this very interesting and happy that my city is pro-life :).

Today I thought I was doing well on Quiddler until I got to this combination of letters (that apparently can make a word): C, R, B, CL, S, X, R, T
What can you make with that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe Jenna can tap dance with Aunt Missy or is it Mime? nana