Friday, September 18, 2009

"Playing" Bible study



Today I babysat Nicholas for a few hours while Jenny took her other two kids to the Doctor's office. I was playing with Sarah and Jenna and Nicholas were playing Bible study. Ummm.... how many 4 and 5 year olds play Bible study :). It was so awesome to hear them playing Bible study and talking about all the things God made. Jenna and Nicholas were the leaders and me and Sarah were learning about God. It was a very educational study.





Since I got the Starbucks cards to hand out at the clinic I was sure I'd have tons of women coming to me and lots of "saves". No. Every week I come home sad that no women turn around or want to save their baby. It is disheartening but I will keep pressing on. There must be some reason God has me here.

In other news:
  1. At night before bed, Erik and I started reading The Reason for God by Tim Keller. It is more of an "intellectual" book (I like putting random words in "quotes") as the author makes logical claims against some of the big skeptical issues with God (eg. what about other religions, why is there pain and suffering, etc). It's a great read!
  2. I've also started reading Startide Rising by David Brin. So I can finish my list of combined Hugo and Nebula award winners. It's pretty interesting but when I have a choice, I go back to the Black Unicorn by Terry Brooks. That's a more interesting book and I'm almost finished with it.
  3. I've also started reading the Host by Stephenie Meyer the author of the Twilight Series. I've heard mixed reviews on this book but I hope it will be good.
  4. Erik and I are planning on doing Iron chef and playing racquetball this weekend - I have the best husband in the world!
  5. 83 points on quiddler today and got to make the word "goat". Not really sure if that's news.

No comments: