Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Iron Chef: Pecorino Romano





You would think I would do really well with the secret ingredient of pecorino romano. It is a delicious, salty, rich cheese. But I think I dropped the ball on this one. I was overly ambitious - trying to make a pavlova but it ended up not working.


For iron chef pecorino romano, I made:



  • Greek style couscous with a twist. Couscous + 20 month old daughter = disaster. Sarah got into the couscous and it was everywhere. EVERYWHERE. However the dish I made had pecorino romano cheese, tomatoes, and green olives. Which is a twist on the greek olives and feta cheese. At least that was what it was meant to be ;).

  • Three cheese pizza. So this was fabulous! I shredded pecorino romano, fresh mozarella, and fresh provolone cheese on top of fresh basil, diced tomatoes, pepperoni and spices. YUM!

  • Pecorino romano stuffed chicken. I put chicken in breading and then stuffed it with the cheese. I thought this would be amazing and it was good but not amazing.

  • Roasted pear pavlova. So this was a flop. I made a cheese filling and roasted the pears. Then I made a meringue base for the pavlova. The ingredients separately were good but together they really didn't mesh all that well.

Erik and I both rated my iron chef as 14.25 a rather low rating considering the awesomeness of the secret ingredient.

In much more exciting news, Erik got a new job. He won't start the new job for a few weeks but he got a nice raise and will be working from home all the time. Boo-yah! This will result in much less laundry for me to do and I'll be able to see Erik more (which is actually better than doing less laundry). Since I also got a promotion and a fancy raise (I'm a senior professor now!) Erik thinks we will be able to pay the house off much faster. Even though I'd rather keep the same rate and give and spend more!

I just finished reading the Black Unicorn by Terry Brooks and it was fantastic. I'm really liking this series.

Our Bible study season has started again with the church. We will be discussing Twisting the Truth by Andy Stanley. It is a video series. This year for Bible study I've also decided to make dinner every week. I actually really enjoy it and it alleviates the stress of trying to feed families and get to our house in time. So I'm setting up a menu. This is something I enjoy.

68 on Quiddler today and I got to make the word bidden.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats to Erik on the new Job! And to you Gina for your promotion as well! That's exciting! :)

On another note, you don't know this but you have gotten me to read the Landover series by Terry Brooks as well. I didn't know what to read, and the bookstore didn't have Mistborn. Then I looked on one of your past blogs and you'd mentioned that you were reading Black Unicorn and liked Terry Brooks. So, I got Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold, and loved it! I've read Black Unicorn too, but haven't gotten any further in the series as I am now reading Mistborn.

Tấn Khải said...

Awesome Article and have more good Information
https://phongkhamphathaisaigon.com/nhung-dia-chi-ban-thuoc-pha-thai-o-tphcm.html