Friday, September 11, 2009

Iron Chef Erik: Lemons



On Monday Erik was the Iron Chef with lemons as the secret ingredient. Erik wowed me with his ideas as they were completely different than what I would have done with lemons. Erik made:


  • Sweet lemon scallops. Erik cooked the scallops in olive oil and lemon juice and served them in lemon rinds with a sauce made of lemon juice and sugar. I love scallops so this was a big hit for me.

  • Fruit salad with lemon. Yum!! Lemon is a fruit but is much more tart than traditional summer fruits. However Erik had the right balance of tartness and sweetness in the fruit salad. He also served the fruit salad in a scooped out watermelon.

  • Lemon and sweet pepper sushi. Sushi? Erik? Huh? Yes, Erik bought sushi wrappers when he went to the store which made me curious. He even used jasmine rice that was flavored with lemon and a little sugar. Then put cut lemon rinds with peppers in the middle. Erik had never made sushi before, and this sushi was wonderful. Creative, fun, and delicious!

  • Raspberry lemon tart. This tart consisted of phyllo dough baked and layered with lemons, mandarin oranges, and rapsberry jam. Yum! We couldn't get enough of it.

Erik rated himself a 16.125 and I rated him a 15.25. Overall it was a fabulous iron chef competition!


I was looking at the family picture we took in Florida and thought something was missing. Yes - a third baby. No I'm not pregnant, but I wanted to see what our family would be like with a third baby. I think our family looks awesome! What? Me? Photoshop? You can't tell can you?
Now that we are members of lifetime again, I met with a personal trainer who calculated my body fat percentage. It was approximately 90%. So she wanted to put me in this class for $500 that meets three times a week at 6am so I can get fit. No thank you. I'll stick with the 90% body fat.
In even more exciting news, my EQ2 character has dueled Erik's several times and he has never beat me! It's like the opposite of when we play squash :). I never thought my paladin would do so well against his awesome wizard.
76 points on quiddler today. yor is not a word. who knew?

5 comments:

Yarnin_Mama said...

Gina -- I would question that body fat test. There is no way you are 90% body fat.

Tim Mast said...

90% fat? How does that leave room for stuff like bones and organs? Either you're a certified freak of nature or Mr. Health Club was fibbing just a tad in order to sell his $500 class.

However, I'm not willing to commit to the assumption that you're not a genetic oddity. I do like to keep my options open. :)

Joel said...

I certainly think that being born with such a massive lack of height certainly counts as a genetic oddity.

Gina Cooper said...

I'm not short and I don't have 90% body fat. It was a slight exaggeration :)

Cheryl said...

Gina, I'd love to have a copy of the picture of your family taken in Florida, without the poor baby with no feet! :)

Could you email it to me? Thanks. Mom