Monday, January 25, 2010

Disobedience

Disobedience. We do it. Our kids do it. It's hard when you recognize you have disobeyed.

Today I was sitting in my car sans children with an hour to kill before I picked up Jenna from preschool. I had planned to go to Trader Joe's to buy coveted dark chocolate with almonds and real maple syrup. Sarah was at home napping. I saw a woman walking on the road and she walked right by my car.

I felt God tell me to talk to her, maybe pick her up and take her where she needed to go.

But I sat there and watched her walk by as I listened to my Christian music on the radio.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?"

I turned the car around and looked for her but she was gone. We need to listen to God and do what he says right away. I want to be that kind of person, Jesus is that kind of person. Obedient even to death on a cross.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Great entry, Gina. We all need to be more open to God's leading in all of life's circumstances.