Monday, February 01, 2010

Smells Good!

We went to West Virginia this weekend to see Erik's parents. Erik helped them install a hood over the oven. He is SO handy - I really don't know what we would do if he wasn't. We came back home sans girls and went on a date! Erik wanted to go to this restaurant called the Pub at Polaris. It had lots of specialty beers YUM! . Erik got a fancy beer and a bacon cheeseburger with onions cooked in guiness. Luckily I found something on the menu not cooked in beer. Then we played squash and I played much better than I have been. Since I've been feeling better - my squash game has improved!

Erik and I just read Glenn Beck's book Common Sense. This was a very good book and a little scary. I hadn't really thought about how much in debt we are but the book laid out the numbers so we could see how far the U.S. is spiraling into debt. Proverbs 22:7 says "the borrower is servant to the lender". Our country is a slave to its lenders (China!).

The book also made a case against the two party system citing references to how both parties are corrupt. It made me look in more detail at third parties. Erik has always been a closet libertarian but I haven't. Erik and I have discussed this before, but Beck made the case that your vote is not "thrown away" on a third party candidate - vote for who you think is best, who has integrity. I like it!

Thinking about my prego salmon has reminded me that some things smell good when they cook (that dish really didn't smell that great)

Here is a list of my top favorite food smells:
  1. Baking bread
  2. Brewing coffee
  3. Baking cinnamon rolls
  4. Fresh tomatoes in summer
  5. Fresh strawberries in summer
  6. Baking cookies
  7. Tomato sauce (especially my mom's)
  8. Bacon frying
  9. Sauteeing garlic
  10. Fresh basil

Erik did not agree with my assessment as I had tomato items on the list twice and bacon wasn't as close to the top as it should be (in his opinion).

I did terrible on quiddler today - only earning 61 points and losing two n's and an r!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about some pictures of the girls?-Nana

Joel said...

I would probably have Baking Cookies and Bacon Frying at the top of my list, were I to make one.

Jack Freund said...

No Gina no!

The only thing third parties do is guarantee the election of Democrats.

:-)

I agree with Joel about bacon. Bacon is meat candy.