Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sarah-isms

I've decided to list some of the funny things Sarah has been saying lately. She is always making me laugh:


  1. Get my fring out my fring cheese. Translation: Please help me pull a string from my string cheese.
  2. One time a bad person hurt Princess Giselle. Translation: In the movie Enchanted, an evil queen gave a poisoned apple to Princess Giselle causing her to fall into a deep slumber.
  3. One time a bad person take my crown. Translation: Sarah lost her crown.
  4. You a ghost. Translation: Sarah has an odd obsession with ghosts. She thinks everyone is a ghost, ghosts are taking things from her, and she constantly wants Mommy to put blankets on her head and act like a ghost.
  5. I Snow White. Translation: I have a Snow White dress I wear CONSTANTLY and thus think I am Snow White.
  6. I don't have eyebrows. Translation: ?
  7. I don't like ______ (fill in the blank - peppers, vanilla, etc). Translation: Sarah likes to tell us what she doesn't like. And often.
  8. I'm stuck on the roof. Translation: Sarah has climbed on something and can't get down (it is not necessarily a roof)
  9. My froat hurts. Translation: I want a Halls Fruit Breezer so I'm going to tell you that my throat hurts even if it doesn't.
  10. Mommy, I want you too. Translation: Mommy, I want you to hold me. She used to say "Mommy I want you." To which I would reply "I want you too". Now she says "Mommy I want you too."

While Jenna used to want to pray for Max and Erma's at night, Sarah's likes to pray for God, Nana and Papa at night. Very cute.


Even so, Sarah's language is amazing. She still has trouble with a few words (flower = "haachi" and orange = "eno"). But other than that she talks all the time....they both talk all the time....THEY BOTH TALK ALL THE TIME.


I'm hoping this is just a phase.



4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I am so glad you are keeping a list of the cute sayings from Sarah. You think you will never forget what your child says, but believe me, the memory goes when you get older. I wrote down only a few of Linnea's cute sayings and I regret not writing down more of them. It is fun going back and reading them 30-something years later though! LOL

Anonymous said...

I will never forget Lili's first "on her own, without any prompting" prayer: "God, God, Lili."

Sarah is obsessed with ghosts, Lili is obsessed with cows. Cows everywhere. But only at night. Her quote: "It's dark outside, so we can see some cows?"

Anonymous said...

I am afraid this is not a phase. THEY TALK ALL THE TIME! Speaking from experience. Nana

Yarnin_Mama said...

I agree with Nana. This is not a phase. THEY TALK ALL THE TIME! Both of my kids can talk and ask questions from the time they get up until they go to bed. It is utterly exhausting.