Thursday, March 11, 2010

My two little chefs

This new semester has been a handful for me. I'm teaching two onsite classes and two online classes. The online classes are taking quite a bit of my time as I have to be in them constantly. However,
it has led to some exciting developments I'll share in a bit.
I thought that giving up sweets would result in me craving sweets less....umm no. Maybe by the time Lent is over I won't even want Reeses eggs (not likely).
So I've been baking breads and muffins lately instead of cookies. Jenna and Sarah have been using their great cooking skills as well. Jenna and Sarah each made a muffin for Daddy. (They pretty much always make things for Daddy - what about Mommy??). Sarah's muffin had strawberry quick, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and who knows what else in it. Jenna stuck with basic cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Daddy loved both.
I've also been making my own pasta and tortillas lately. They have much less carbs than store-bought versions. Every time I make tortillas the girls make a pie for Daddy out of the extra tortilla dough. Erik always eats the pies no matter what they put in them!
Jenna has decided that her new careers of choice are: meterologist, geologist, chef, and artist. We'll see what she actually decides to do. I don't even know why she picked some of them.
I walked out of the kitchen to see Sarah standing on the trash can. All of the trash was strewn about the living room and she was telling me how tall she is. It was one of those moments where you want to laugh and tell her not to do it and also go run and get the camera.
In the picture of Sarah on the trash can you will note the horrid state of our carpet. It is really bad. I know it is not in our budget to get new carpet until we pay off the house. But Erik said to me the 5 words that every woman wants to hear, "we can get new carpet." Yipee! Due to the fact that I am getting paid extra for these two online classes, we are going to get new carpet in the living room. We bought cheap carpet since we figured it would be trashed in the next few years by the kids. However we plan on carpeting the whole house in 5-10 years. The carpet should be in next week!
Terrible on quiddler today - 58 points. I thought extoon was a word. You know, if you used to be a cartoon but you fell out of fashion?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Sarah! Nana