Monday, March 01, 2010

Iron Chef: Baby?

I have the most fun, creative husband in the world. We did Iron Chef yesterday and the secret ingredient was baby. No - not real baby, baby lettuce, baby swiss cheese, baby corn, baby ruth, baby pickles - things like that. Last Iron Chef was Prego and this one was the result of Prego. He's such a kidder!




For Iron Chef I made 4 dishes:
  1. Baby corn salad over green chile corn bread. Erik said this dish was good and original - yea! I made a corn salad with corn, tomatoes, chiles and lime juice. Then I baked some corn bread and topped the warm corn bread with the fresh salad. Yum!
  2. Beautiful baby salad. This salad was a traditional salad (so I got dinged on originality points) but it was laid out very pretty in neat rows. I used baby lettuce and baby swiss cheese along with yellow and orange peppers, tomatoes, and pepperoni.
  3. Baby swiss pork chops. I baked some pork chops with melted swiss on it. Then I made a swiss cheese sauce with green onions and shallots. Yum! I poured the sauce over the pork chops. Erik didn't like the appearance (he doesn't like goopy food like I do). But we both agreed it tasted fabulous.
  4. Caramel and baby ruth crepes. I told Erik that I didn't care what the secret ingredient was, I was making a caramel sauce. I made a simple caramel sauce with heavy cream (so low fat!). I also made crepes and put chocolate cream, crushed baby ruth candy bars and crushed toffee cookies (from the freezer!) in the crepes. Then I folded them and covered them with the homemade caramel sauce. Yum! Erik loved these and so did I!

We also celebrated Erik's 35th birthday on Saturday - he is SO old! It was a great birthday weekend for him. We played games with Tim and Jen, we went spinning, we went out to eat to Asian Star Buffet, I made him a triple layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, we went to church, and we did Iron chef! It was a fun filled weekend! The cake I made was the moistest cake I've ever made! I used a recipe from allrecipes chocolate lovers favorite cake. I've never had such a moist cake - it was more like brownies than cake! Of course I only ate some on Sunday since I gave up sweets for Lent!

Jenna talks a lot about Honey Pie pony. Pretty much constantly (although that's my life these days with these two girls). I just realized that I think Honey Pie is her imaginary friend. She lives in Pony world and does all sorts of pony things. It's actually pretty interesting to hear the things Honey Pie does.

In one week we get to go to the Ohio Right to Life Banquet and see Sarah Palin speak. I'm so excited! God has given me such a heart for the unborn. Although I can't see why anyone wouldn't have a heart for these innocent babies being tortured and killed: http://ow.ly/1cIdV . It is too terrible for words.

On a positive note, I went to graduation yesterday and saw one of my students I hadn't seen in over a year. When she was my student she had lost her house. She was homeless with 2 kids but kept on working for her degree. Me and another student took her out in the hall and prayed with her for God to work in her life for good. She was so down. Well yesterday she accomplished her three goals - she got a job, she has a house, and she finished her degree. Not only that - she was the student speaker. When she told her story, I was bawling. God blessed me through her. Wow - God answers prayers!


87 points on Quiddler today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how your pictures always show food! The girls are cute. Happy Birthday Erik. Nana

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
Diepensueve