Sunday, September 05, 2010

Football Season Begins!

Erik has been talking constantly about the beginning of football season. It is his favorite time of year. Fall brings cooler weather, beautiful colors, and football. Obviously we had to get a picture of the kids in their scarlet and gray.
Yes - the big chunk in the middle is Matthew. Yes he is only 2 1/2 months old. No I'm not feeding him fried chicken and potatoes.

The other day Sarah said "I am ugly." I said "no Sarah you are beautiful. Why do you think you are ugly?" She said "because I'm sinny" (translation: skinny). I'm not sure where she got this idea. Yes she is a little skinny (in the 5th percentile for weight) but we have always told her she is beautiful. Hopefully she believes it!

Tomorrow is our 13 year anniversary. Yea Us! Since it is actually more work to pack up all the kids, diaper bags, bibs, milk, etc and go out to eat than it is to just make some pb&j sandwiches we won't be going out to dinner. Hiring a babysitter around dinner time is scary too. Dinner time is fussy time for Matthew and usually someone has an opinion about what we are eating and wants toast instead. (sometimes I just want toast).

I just finished The Briar King by Greg Keyes and can't wait to get the next book in the series from the library. I also reserved the next Beverly Lewis book called The Thorn. I'm 36 on the list for that book. Since I'm not allowed to read The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson until we finish Gardens of the Moon, I had to find some other books to occupy my time (I only read Gardens of the Moon with Erik).


53 points on Quiddler today. Couldn't find a word to make with C,O,A,I. Bummer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is because of skinny maginney. Tell her Nana thinks she is beautiful, Jenna also.
Nana

John M. said...

Awesome buckeye family pic and congratulations on 13 years!

So when are you going to fit in the new Sanderson/Jordan book "Towers of Midnight"? and is Erik going to patch up the new LOTRO tomorrow? They are hinting you'll actually be able to get in earlier than what they said.

Anonymous said...

Where is Matthew? I only saw a cute little butterball dressed in scarlet between Jenna and Sarah. That can't be him!

~Missy

Gina Cooper said...

Nana -
I do think it is because we call her skinny maginney too.

John -
You are right. I do need to read the next Sanderson/Jordan book too! So many books...so little time!

Missy -
Matthew is a little butterball :). That's a perfect name for him.