Wednesday, September 01, 2010

New Beginnings



Last Wednesday Jenna and Sarah started their ballet classes and on Thursday Jenna started kindergarten.
It was a week of new beginnings! Jenna was anxious to start school, mostly she was nervous to eat lunch there. However she loved it and even bought milk for lunch!

Jenna has started writing more and wrote her first sentence on Friday "I do love God". What an awesome first sentence!! She has also started reading more. Check out this video of Jenna reading to Matthew. He is smiling and almost laughing - he loves it!
Jenna and Sarah love their ballet classes however I couldn't get Sarah to stay still long enough to get a picture. All week long Sarah talked about her ballet class. I have two little ballerinas at home.

School is all day for Jenna and we are walkers. It is .8 of a mile to school so I'm walking approximately 3 miles a day taking her to and from school. It's a nice walk! Even at 92 deg when I'm sweating like a pig. I'm sure it counts as exercise.

For an after school treat I made smores granola bars. They are an oat granola bar on the bottom covered in chocolate chips and marshmallows. I told Erik they have no sugar in them and he laughed. I forgot that marshmallows are puffed sugar. Doh! So I guess they're not as healthy as I originally intended.
68 points on Quiddler - a terrible showing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the video of Jenna reading to Matthew. She was keeping him entertained, just like Sarah and the silly bandz. Nana