Saturday, December 11, 2010

Party on Sarah!

Sarah's birthday party at Recreations Outlet was a success. Several kids came to the party (along with a surprising number of Daddies!) and the kids enjoyed playing on all the equipment. Sarah loves trampolines and here is an action shot of her jumping on one. She also had fun pushing Emmerich and Grant in the tire swing. Yes all 27 lbs of her - pushing the other two kids!

Matthew has been sick. Early November we took him to the ped for wheezing and he had a breathing treatment and was given amoxicillin. On Tuesday of this week I took him back because he was wheezing. He was given two breathing treatments. These take 20 minutes. So I was crammed in this little room with 3 kids for 2 hrs. AAAAAH!

I eventually had to leave before they gave him the third breathing treatment (had to teach) but I was sent home with a prescription for albuterol. Yesterday I went to the ped and he had two ear infections. The ped said if he comes back with wheezing he will be diagnosed with asthma. My poor little guy.

I'm worried about him although I'm not sure if Erik is worried. For example, I called Erik on the way home from teaching the other night. Erik said as he was holding Matthew and he got worried. I immediately thought, "oh no - he was breathing ragged, wheezing, coughing, what happened??!!??". Erik finished his sentence to say he heard rumbling down below and thought he'd have to change a really nasty diaper. Really?? The baby is wheezing and you care about diapers? Oh my!



In other news:
  1. I finished the Conqueror's trilogy by Timothy Zahn. This was a fun sci-fi trilogy. The story is easy to read, not bloody or graphic and you began to care about the characters - even the aliens :).
  2. I am in the fourth book of the Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone by Greg Keyes. I love this series and can't wait to find out how it comes together.
  3. I am also reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. This book is something I've picked up numerous times but haven't finished. It starts out very bloody and the main character (Eragon) is a little whiney. However I do want to read it.
  4. Besides reading we are also baking. I love holiday eating! The girls and I have been baking. Although when they bake mostly they eat the ingredients - yes they eat plain butter!
  5. Erik bought me a new computer for Christmas. It is a wonderful gift - much better than the bucket I got him. However I have not copied over my data yet. In fact, I was looking at my data. I never copied it over from my previous computer. I just set up a mapped drive. Wow - that's laziness to the max. So rather than copying over all my data this time, I set up a mapped drive to my computer with its other mapped drive. I wonder how many times I'll do this.
  6. 63 points on quiddler today - I lost the o and v.

1 comment:

John M. said...

Hopefully Matthew will be better soon! When Chris was younger he had exercise induced asthma and we had some wheezing with the other children at various times but Chris is the only one who actualy needed to carry an inhaler and be on advair. The others did just need some periodic breathing treatments on a case by case basis.

I know several people who have read and reread Brisingr. Untold speculation on who the third dragon rider will be and what Eragon's true name is and when he will speak it etc... It's a bit of a different read than the dragons in A Song of Ice and Fire but I'd recommend finishing it as the 4th book seems like it will be promising:).