Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Ways, His Ways

I will post soon about Jenna's birthday and Matthew's 7 month birthday on Thursday. However I wanted to write about how God spoke to me. I'm reading this book called What the Bible is About in tandem while I read the Bible. It is an excellent summary and helping me understand several parts of the Bible I was cloudy on before. In fact, I've fallen in love with Samuel! What an amazing prayer warrior.

Something that has always tripped me up are verses like this " ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” ~1Samuel 15:2-3.

Why?

Why put to death infants?

I know God cares about babies, especially very early in pregnancy. So why order the death of these babies. It has always been a sticky point with me and caused me problems.

While I was praying about this issue last night, the verse "my ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts" (paraphrased Isaiah 55:8) came to my mind. I believe God answered my prayer and spoke those words to me. I am not going to know the "why" in this life but God has his ways. They are far above my ways. Praise God for speaking to me about this!

No comments: