Monday, February 28, 2011

Divine chocolate cake

Matthew turned 8 months Feb. 20.  While I did get a picture of him with the horse, he was sick that day so he looks a little grumpy.  He was a good sport though.



We also celebrated Erik's birthday as well.  I made him chicken enchiladas using a recipe but added 1 tblsp of lime juice and 1 cup (yes 1 cup) of fresh cilantro.  With those two additions (plus the recipe was pretty yummy) the dish turned out great. Erik said it was the best Mexican dish I'd ever made - and we make a lot of Mexican food since it is Erik's favorite.


But that was not the show stopper.  Erik said he wanted a super dark yet moist chocolate cake. So I researched some recipes online and found That Chocolate Cake which is a recipe that won the Scharffen Berger chocolate recipe contest....ummm....yea - I'll take that.  It was divine.  I mean divine.  Oh. My. Divine!

I probably gained about 20 lbs just by being around it but it was so yummy. 

The girls also made a menu for Daddy's birthday (you can see their menus in the picture).  The only things on the menu were chicken enchiladas and chocolate cake but they had menus so that's the most important thing!

In other news:
  • We have purchased a third seat for the Explorer.  Erik is going to install it himself (because he is AWESOME!). He bought the seat from Little Passenger Seats and we are excited to have a 3rd seat in our Explorer now (squishing all 3 kids in the back of the car works, but we can't ever take anyone else with us).
  • We are planning on having Jenna baptized.  The baptism may be sometime in March but we are unsure of the exact date yet.  Jenna is such a prayer warrior and I do believe she is a follower of Christ. Since I think she believes, and she has been asking to be baptized for a year, I don't see a reason to deny her because of her age.  We are very excited about this and I warned Jenna that I would most likely (will!) cry.
  • I'm teaching 5 classes this semester. I'm not sure why I've decided to undertake 5 classes again.  It was crazy last time I did it and I'm sure it will be crazy again.
  • I usually go to hip hop on Monday mornings.  Unfortunately I will be teaching during that time and can not go to hip hop for 8 weeks.  This is very sad.  I love my hip hop class more than other exercise I've done.  It looks like I won't be able to shake it for 8 weeks. I hope I can still shake it when I go back.
  • Recently two people told me my skin looked good.  I don't think much about my skin (it's skin??) but then two people said something so I thought back.  Erik got me this "Youth as We Know It" moisture cream (don't look at the price!).  Maybe it worked?
  • So Matthew is too cute.  He is always shaking his head "no" but I can't seem to get a good video of him.  I did get a video of him looking pretty happy though.
  • I also posted a picture of him stretching around to look at me when he was in his jumperoo.  He loves it but loves to watch us so much more!
  • 99 points on Quiddler today. Who knew "raxing" was a word?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about that on the way home. Your Dad has good skin and Missy has good skin. Atleast you 2 got good skin from him. Amanda has my awful skin, whick I got from my dad. Nana