Thursday, November 03, 2011

Matthew and Scruff: Prison Escapees!

Erik took the girls trick-or-treating and we left Matthew at home. We thought "he is too little and won't enjoy it anyway."

That was a mistake.

Every time the doorbell rang he escaped. He cried for 2 hours straight because he couldn't go with the other kids.  If Matthew wasn't escaping then Scruffles was escaping.  My night was spent chasing kids and cats back in the house.
Jenna and Lauren at her school Harvest party

The kids after Trick-Or-Treat (Jenna is a Spanish girl, Sarah is Giselle, and Matthew wants to leave)

Matthew eating a hershey kiss. He loves 3 musketeers and m&ms too

Matthew dressed as a dog chewing on Daddy's shirt

The girls and I made little witches out of Marshmallows.  I snapped the picture before they made a huge mess.

In other news:
  • Our Coo* book club just finished Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians. This book was so much fun to read.  I laughed so much - it was such a fun read.  I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
  • Now our Coo* book club is reading Lud-in-the-Mist. This book is funny too but I don't think it was meant to be funny. Erik and I laugh sometimes at the odd language the author uses.
  • I also finished A Fortress of Grey Ice by J.V. Jones. I love this series! I can't wait to read the next one.
  • Speaking of reading, Jenna is reading so well. I'm amazed at how far she has come. She is reading her children's Bible all by herself - she even knew the word Bethlehem!
  • Jenna is also doing well with Math. Yipee!! They are studying money and her teacher said she was at a second grade level with knowing and writing the different denominations of coins.  Maybe she will be a banker or an accountant (we are still hoping for engineer!)
  • Sarah is also flourishing with school. Sarah can write her name now (although she gets the S backwards a lot) and is doing well with her letters and numbers.
  • Matthew is still not walking.
  • Now that Sarah has preschool at 12:30 I can not go to my hip hop class anymore since it starts at 11am. There is not enough time to get Sarah lunch and to school after the class is over. Bummer! I have been doing spinning classes though and that is fun!
  • I got on the scale and am 3 pounds away from my preferred weight of 123. (for no health reason - I just like the numbers 123). It has taken a long time to lose this weight after Matthew. While I weighed in the 110s in my 20s I would have to eat no chocolate to see that again. And that is NOT going to happen.  In fact...
  • Leftover Halloween candy is good but really not peanut buttery enough. Erik thinks I have a problem. I get a spoonful of peanut butter and dip the candy in it.  Reeces cups, snickers, twix (I ate all those by the way), any chocolate covered goodness!  Yum!
  • 89 points on Quiddler today

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Peanut butter makes EVERYTHING better...even yummy candy bars that seemingly don't need pb. :) Smart girl.

Good luck getting to 123. That's hilarious. I love that you want to be that weight for the numbers and not for the health reasons. That's probably healthier than trying to do it for health reasons! :)

Gina Cooper said...

Amanda you and I share our love of peanut butter. We need to make more pb brownies for the next girl trip!