Sunday, October 30, 2011

Iron Chef: Corn

 Today was a corny day. Corn was my secret ingredient in Iron chef today and it was a successful iron chef.
I made:
  1. Chicken corn tamales and corn cake.  I put chicken, cheese, corn, and tomatoes in corn tortillas and fried them in oil. The tamales were pretty good but a little dry. The corn cakes were yummy and sweet.
  2. Spicy corn dip. This dip was delicious. The corn flavor really shined and I mixed taco sauce and cream cheese and put it in the food processor until it was smooth.  I dipped peppers and chips in this yummy dip! Even the girls loved it.
  3. Corn, shrimp, and black bean quesadillas. These were delicious!  I put a spicy sauce in the quesadillas as well.  Yum!
  4. Carmelized onion, chicken, and corn pizzas. The carmelized onions made this pizza awesome. This pizza was the best thing I made - so many flavors that all worked well together.
  5. Corn and raspberry cheesecake. I almost didn't serve this.  I made it but wasn't sure if it would be good.  Wow - this was really good. The corn and raspberry worked well together.  I was suprised but it was really good and even Erik liked it.
Erik rated me as 15.2 and I rated myself 14.9.  The girls even helped. Jenna poured the corn muffins in the tin and Sarah chopped nuts for the dip. They were my little sous chefs.

Last night we went to a Halloween party at the house of one of the kids in Jenna's class. I put on my Princess Leia costume but couldn't get my hair to do the cool bun thing. So I was Princess Leia on a bad hair day.




82 points on Quiddler today

3 comments:

Joel said...

Yay for Star Wars costumes! And you can just be Leia in Return of the Jedi, when she has her hair down. :)

Amanda said...

YUM! Be careful with lots of corn...it's nature's broom ya know. :)

The corn and raspberry dessert sounds kinda gross, but I'd trust you if you said it was yummy. You should compile your recipes (as best as you can figure) and include them somewhere on here. It'd be fun to recreate some of your weird combinations. :)

Gina Cooper said...

It would be hard to remember what I do in the moment. Iron chef is so exciting - you just keep throwing things together and tasting it until it tastes good. When can you compete against me :) :)