Monday, September 12, 2011

Ye olde game night

Last weekend we hosted a board gaming night at our house on Friday and then went to the Ohio Renaissance Festival on Saturday. It was a wonderful weekend.  Especially since I won every game I played :).

We had four gaming tables going and around 14 people which was an excellent turnout! I had a great time and even got to play (and win!) agricola, which is a game I really like.






Stacy, Todd, and Joe seriously studying the game board.

Matt play the same game as above and another gaming table in the background

My 3 brownie recipes I had people rate.  Hershey's, King Arthur Flour, and Prepared Pantry were the three brownie mixes I used.  Hershey's (the cheapest) won!

On Saturday we all packed up and went to the RenFest!  Erik and Matthew did not dress up (we didn't have a costume for him) but the girls and I dressed up.  We went with Jon and Michelle and their friend Emily, Aaron and Michele and little Vina, and Matt (Bogg from D&D) and Allison.

It was HOT but we had a wonderful time seeing the Mudd show, watching the full armor joust, and riding rides (well... the kids rode rides, not Erik or I).  All in all - it was a wonderful weekend!

Aaron, Michele, and Vina Hager. Yes she is a Viking baby girl

Matthew getting frisky??

Matthew playing on the steps at the Ren Fest

Sarah riding a pony

Jenna riding a pony
Jon and Michelle at the RenFest

An instrument composed of bells.  We got to hear him play - that was very different and clangorous as Jon mentioned.

84 points on quiddler today

No comments: