Thursday, March 06, 2014

Not hot chocolate

For the third year in a row Tricia and I did the indoor triathlon at lifetime. I was curious to see if I would be in shape to complete it considering I hadn't run, swam, or biked since the summer. However it turns out that just doing the Shaun T 25 workout videos is enough. I swam 15 laps in 10 minutes which is a personal best for me. I biked for half an hour and ran 2.06 miles in 20 minutes. I know I need to run faster but I'm not there yet. 

At some point in my life I will beat Tricia at something. She is always faster than me at everything.


After the tri
 There is another triathlon in June we may do together and Tricia and I will be doing the tough mudder in May as well. So we have quite a few events coming up this year. .
Matthew wanted me to take a picture of him on the horsey at Meijer
Lent started yesterday and this year I am giving up hot chocolate and coffee. I LOVE hot chocolate. Just about every night I make a cup of hot cocoa and sit by the fire. I put whip cream, marshmallow fluff, caramel and hershey's syrup on it. I missed my calling as a barista.

So this will be difficult "nobody knows the truffles I've seen...." but I love the lenten season as a chance to sacrifice.

Jenna is giving up chocolate and Sarah is giving up Marshmallows and M&Ms. Chocolate will be difficult but Jenna can do it. Both girls will do a great job. I don't know what Matthew will give up. Maybe whining.....now that would be wonderful!

66 points on quiddler today

No comments: