Sunday, November 12, 2006

My little chef



Yesterday Jenna and I headed up to Cleveland to see Missy for her birthday. Of course today, Jenna has been saying "Happy Missy" all day - how cute. Amanda and my mom were also there and we went to Famous Dave's to eat. The five of us ordered the All American Sampler which feeds 4-5 (actually about 7!!). There were ribs, an entire chicken, pulled pork, corn on the cob, corn bread, baked beans, cole slaw and french fries. We took home two boxes of left overs. Jenna even loved the pulled pork. After lunch, we headed to Toys R Us where my mom and sisters spent tons of money on Jenna! My mom bought her this apron and chef's hat. She loves to cook with mama and always says she is being "hepful" (hepful to Jenna = not helpful to Mama but very cute). She helped me bake pumpkin bread today and wore her new apron. She loved it!!

In very exciting news for me - my paper was accepted to the CISSE 2006 conference in Vermont. Yea!! I do not have to attend but will present my paper via a webex. I'm so excited that it was accepted. The final manuscript is due the 24th so I had better get on the ball.

Today I made cheese and corn souffle for dinner. It only has 217 calories and is low fat as well. I thought it would be a great light dinner for Sunday night. Well Erik told me I should never make it again and couldn't even eat the amount I scooped on his plate. This was probably the worst cooking failure since potato pancakes several years ago. I didn't think it was THAT bad but then again - I like broccoli :).

Today I got 93 on Quiddler but it wouldn't let me play the word ORZO. Orzo is a word! It is a pasta that looks like rice. I make it all the time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in her chef's hat. The other picture is from Halloween, right?

Gina Cooper said...

well I buy orzo pasta from meijer - and they are pretty American *smile*