Thursday, December 07, 2006

Build-a-Bunny


On Tuesday, Jen, Rachel, Jenna and I went to Build-a-Bear to build bears for Jenna and Rachel. When we walked past the rows of unstuffed animals I asked Jenna which bear she wanted. She looked at a fluffy white bunny and said "bunny!". I said, do you want a bear or a bunny. She said bunny! She loved it! She picked out a heart for her bunny and kissed it. Then we picked out an outfit for her bunny. Jen noted that our stuffed animals didn't have underwear on - we didn't want a Britney Spears situation. So we put underwear on our animals. Here's a picture!

Lately Jenna has loved it when Mommy sings to her. In fact, she will say "diffent song, tinkle tar". Translated from toddler speak is "please sing a different song mommy, I would like to hear Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". So then I sing that song for her. Another of her favorites is "yi yo yi yo" Which is "Old McDonald had a farm....eieio!".

I've decided I'd like to finish a few books before the end of the year (that's just a few weeks away!). I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, but here is my list:
  1. Dark Tower book 7 by Stephen King - this series is AMAZING! I'm on Song of Susannah now which is book 6
  2. The King in the Window - a book recommended by David. Sounds like something I'll like!
  3. Squire's Tale series (I'm on book 3). A funny young adult series about King Arthur written by a minister.

I'll come up with a list for next year too. I have lofty goals of books I want to read :)

So far I've made the following Christmas cookies/candy:

  1. M&M cookies
  2. Mint crinkles
  3. Cutouts
  4. peanut butter cups
  5. german chocolate fudge
  6. peanut butter fudge
  7. Snow cap brownies

I still want to make:

  1. Nut bars
  2. cranberry pistachio bark
  3. pumpkin roll
  4. chocolate truffle tart with raspberry whip cream

I love making fun desserts for Christmastime - Erik hates decorating Christmas cookies but he always has to (I'm a mean wife!!).

Today I got 78 on Quiddler. Yesterday one of the words was KEF. I thought that was only a word in the Dark Tower series - I guess it is a real word. I'll set my watch and warrant on it!

1 comment:

Joel said...

You know, if I was going to make a list of all the things I miss about living in Ohio, your cooking would be in the top 5. :) All those treats sound so good, I'm making a drool puddle on my desk.