Sunday, December 17, 2006

Iron Chef Cooper: Bay Scallops!

Today we had another edition of Iron Chef Cooper. This time it was a battle of Bay Scallops! Erik brought home 3lbs of bay scallops (without my knowledge!) and I had 1 hour to create a variety of dishes (no recipes mind you!) with the scallops. This dish was a surprise to me. He has surprised me twice with different ingredients.

Here are the dishes I made:
  1. Blackened scallop and orange salad
  2. Spicy pimento and scallop spread
  3. White wine and garlic scallop topped pasta
  4. Parmesan encrusted basil scallop bake
  5. Ricotta, orange, and scallop mini pie
So yes, I did create a dessert with scallops :). Erik and I both rated low on taste the white wine and garlic scallop topped pasta while we both rated very high the spicy pimento and scallop spread as well as the parmesan encrusted basil scallop bake. We also enjoyed the ricotta, orange, and scallop mini pie. We rated that high on originality. I boiled the scallops and put them in the food processor then mixed them with the ricotta with some sugar and orange peel then made a pie crust and put that in the pie crust. Erik was surprised I made a dessert with scallops but it was actually pretty good.
Erik's ratings came to 14.4 and mine were 16. The total is 30.4 which was higher than the prosciutto challenge (29.25). Of course, that was my first time!
I couldn't have a blog post without including brag pictures about Jenna. Here she is with her favorite toy, Woody, and her gushy ball. She has orange and purple gushy balls and we got her another one for Christmas. She loves these toys for some reason.

We also captured a video here of her saying "Dada big strong man". So cute!

Got 77 on Quiddler today and the max was 75. I tried to make only words about food in lieu of my iron chef today but when I got a "qu" that didn't work so well.

3 comments:

Joel said...

This makes me hungry.

Anonymous said...

so..does this Iron Chef thing go on the road? Do you want to make an appearance in Philadelphia soon???

Anonymous said...

I notice Jenna is wearing a bracelet. Is that the one that you made?