Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas party

On Sunday we had a Christmas party with friends. It was a potluck and we had a gift exchange. I made ham and some yummy desserts and cookies and everyone else brought delicious side dishes. It was a wonderful time! We got a $10 gift certificate to Kroger and the movie Cars. So the gift exchange was nice for us too!! Here is a picture. Jenna was so wound up with all the kids there that she couldn't sit still! She was bouncing off the walls - she slept good that night :).

The next morning Erik left for Boston at 4:30am. Jenna and I miss him!! Yesterday Jenna played in the sink for 45 minutes with Mama duck, Dada duck, baby duck and Woody (picture included). For some reason, Woody must be present at every meal and lately baby duck has needed to be there as well. I guess our family isn't good enough.


Today she got her flu shot and didn't cry at all! I was about to cry but she didn't even act like anything was wrong after they shoved the needle in her leg. So I gave her a sucker :).

I've noticed that she makes me laugh out loud with her goofy antics and her innocence. Here are some things I laughed about yesterday:
  • After playing in the water for 45 mintues Jenna's fingers were wrinkly. This must have been the first time she's noticed this happens in water because she kept wanting me to kiss them and dry them off.
  • Jenna put hair bows on her hot wheels cars
  • Every night since Erik put new doors on the fireplace (a few weeks ago) when I ask Jenna what she wants to pray for at night she says "fireyplace new doors". So we pray for the fireplace. Last night I said, "do you want to pray for Dada"? After awhile she thought about it and said "mama pray dada". Then a few seconds later "pray trash can". So praying for Dada was only slightly more important than praying for the trash can.

Today I only got 80 points on Quiddler. I was left with letters even though I made two 5 point words :(.

2 comments:

Erik said...

I got 81

Joel said...

Ha Ha!
Congratulations G, you're the first to have spam in your blog comments. Who knew you couldn't find extra money in Gina's blog? What's with that?